How do I select a mediator?
Nevada Mediators are not required to be licensed or certified. It is important to find a mediator whose style makes you comfortable. There are also some key questions you may wish to ask:
- What training have you received and where?
- How long have you been mediating?
- How much experience do you have with this type of conflict?
- What professional code of conduct do you follow in your practice?
- What do you charge and what is included in the fee?
- Do you charge for an initial consultation?
- When the mediation is completed what documents do you prepare?
- Do you think my particular dispute is suitable for mediation?